August 16, 2009 (Providence, RI) — Trailblazer, your 3rd Edition “system optimizer,” is now available for download in PDFformat.
Inside this work, you will find:
• A detailed analysis of The Spine of the d20 system
• Action Points
• 10-Minute Rest Mechanic
• Multiclass Spellcasters
• Character Class Rebalance
• Skill Consolidation
• New Feats
• Combat Reactions
• Customizing Monsters
• Elite and Solo Creatures
• Encounter Budgeting
• Treasure Parcels
Trailblazer includes generous design notes through the body of the work to call attention to items that have changed-and explain why.
Get Trailblazer (via RPGnow)
The print version of Trailblazer will be available through Amazon.com (September 2009).
Here’s what people are saying:
- “I am profoundly impressed. The mathematical analyses were very enlightening, and the revisions based on those analyses were right on the money.”
- “This is the best $4.95 I have ever spent on a gaming product.”
- “This is exactly what a 3.75 ruleset should look like. If you really want to stick with a 3.5-based system, I think Trailblazer is the way to go.”
- “Some of the changes are bold to say the least, and I don’t agree with everything, but I really like the analytic approach.”
- “The solution to multiclassed spellcasters is so elegant and effective that it should probably be adopted by all d20 games.”
- “Even if you don’t use stuff directly, just being in touch with the dicussion at this level is guaranteed to make your games better. This is a triumph in writing about game design and system adjustment.”