The journey isn’t over… It’s just beginning.
Bad Axe Games peels back the outer layers of the 3.5 rules and reveals the inner workings for all to see. Within this book, you’ll find the keys to decoding the d20 rules and gain new insight into the mechanics of your game. Copious design notes detail the thought process behind every design change.
- Detailed introductory analysis of the “The Spine” of the 3.5 system
- Fixes for the most common 3.5 complaints
- Rebalanced classes, races, skills, feats and multiclassed spellcasters
- Streamlined combat and movement rules, including Combat Reactions
- Quick and easy Encounter Budgeting
- Elite and Solo templates to create memorable monsters
- Intuitive, streamlined rules for iterative attacks, grappling, wild shape, polymorph, summoned creatures, turn undead, familiars, and more!
TRAILBLAZER is an indispensable resource for gamemasters looking to breathe new life into their 3rd edition game and restore a sense of excitement and wonder to their players.
Here’s what people are saying about the Trailblazer PDF:
- “I am profoundly impressed. The mathematical analyses were very enlightening, and the revisions based on those analyses were right on the money.”
- “This is the best $4.95 I have ever spent on a gaming product.”
- “This is exactly what a 3.75 ruleset should look like. If you really want to stick with a 3.5-based system, I think Trailblazer is the way to go.”
- “Some of the changes are bold to say the least, and I don’t agree with everything, but I really like the analytic approach.”
- “The solution to multiclassed spellcasters is so elegant and effective that it should probably be adopted by all d20 games.”
- “Even if you don’t use stuff directly, just being in touch with the dicussion at this level is guaranteed to make your games better. This is a triumph in writing about game design and system adjustment.”